Did your contacts disappear in your phone? Today we will analyze how to restore contacts on the iPhone. After all, their loss is a big problem for users.
We restore the phone book on the iPhone.
If you find that the phone book has empty, perhaps the problem can be solved in a couple of seconds.
- Go to the phone book and click "Groups".
- Check the ticks if they were removed, and the phone book will restore.
It happens that you can restore the data on the iPhone so quickly. If in your case the phone book is still empty, then let's understand further.
We restore contacts from iCloud.
It may be that you have a synchronization in ICloud, and because of this, the phone book was empty.
- Come in the "Settings" → "ICloud".
- Translate the slider to the active position near the "Contacts" item to enable synchronization, then the data will appear again in the smartphone's phone book.
You can check that it is stored in your icloud:
- To do this, go to the PC website.
- Enter your Apple ID to enter. If suddenly you forgot your password or login, then find out how to recover apple id in the article Our blog.
- The cloud opens and go to the "Contacts" section. If phone numbers are stored in your cloud, they will open on the PC.
- Press the "#" sign below to see the number of numbers that are in the cloud. If everything is fine, then the data in iCloud is and can be returned to the iPhone.
- Make a backup by clicking on the gear in the lower left corner.
- Next, click "Select All" → "Click on the gear" → "VCARD export".
- After that, all phone numbers are formed in one business card, which can be downloaded to MacOS. Save it so that the phones are always at hand.
- After that, on your smartphone in iCloud, turn off and turn on the slider near the "Contacts" item, as shown earlier.
- When you transmit the slider to the active position, the inscription "Combine" will appear, click on it. In such images, all phone numbers will be available on the iPhone and Mac.
Check all the phone numbers moved to the phone book on the smartphone. Also click on "#" and look at the number of rooms, there are as much as it was on a PC in the cloud? If the number matches, then everything is fine and you now know how to restore numbers on the iPhone. If something went wrong, then read the article further.
We restore contacts from the backup iPhone.
Could not restore phones? Do not take off time, let's try further:
- Return to PCs in the cloud.
- In the upper right corner, click on the arrow down near your name and in the drop-down window, select "Account Settings".
- Scroll down and on the left you will see "restore".
- Select this menu item and the list of all your backups will appear before you. Select the most suitable and click "Restore".
- After clicking on this button, all phone numbers that are now in the cloud and iPhone are replaced with this backup data.
- After recovering the data, go to the "Settings" on the PC (they are in the upper left corner) → "Contacts". Check if everything is in order.
If the phone numbers appeared, then go back to the cloud on the iPhone, turn off and turn on the synchronization of the phones, as you did before.
That's how it will be exactly possible to restore the data on the iPhone. If you did not find backups in the cloud, it says that you did not synchronize your devices, so before recording, check all the settings of your iPhone and ICloud. Follow all the advice that you find in the article and you will definitely manage to restore the phone book on the iPhone.
Load the checklist of the configuration settings of the secure contact synchronization. Get a PDF file in your favorite messenger chat and check important settings now while contacts in place or restore them after loss.
How to restore contacts on the iPhone, if you accidentally or mistakenly deleted them? Restore remote contacts simple enough and does not require special skills. Today we will describe 4 ways to restore iPhone contacts: from backup, via iTunes and icloud.
- What if you deleted one, a few or all contacts on the iPhone?
- Ways to restore remote contacts on the iPhone
- How to restore contacts from iTunes backup?
- Restore from contacts in ICloud, Windows
- Export contacts from iCloud
- Restoring remote contacts through re-synchronization with iCloud
- Removing contacts from iPhone backup with iBackupBot
- Export contacts from "Backup" iPhone with iPhone Backup Extractor
- How to protect contacts from irrevocable removal with iPhone?
We have already talked about how to create contact on the iPhone and how to import them into the IOS address book and you could make sure that it is not so easy to remove the contact. In most cases, with proper configuration of the iPhone and ICloud, the remote contact can be restored without much effort.
What if you deleted one, a few or all contacts on the iPhone?
First, turn off the Mac and an iPhone from the Internet. This will avoid synchronous removal of contacts from the address book in ICloud as a result of automatic synchronization.
Ways to restore remote contacts on the iPhone
- recovery from backup iTunes;
- Restore from Windows contacts, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook (depending on the method of synchronization of contacts in iTunes);
- re-sync with iCloud;
- Removing the iPhone contacts from the backup using IBackupBot and iPhone Backup Extractor.
How to restore contacts from iTunes backup?
If you regularly synchronize the iPhone with a computer via iTunes and create backup copies, permanently remove one, several or all contacts from iPhone is almost impossible. At any time, they can be safely restored from the backup.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and run iTunes.
- In the "Devices" menu, select the model of your device and go to the Overview tab.
- Click the Restore from the copy button.
- If the iPhone is enabled on the iPhone function before restoring it must be disabled.
- Select a backup of the device for which you want to recover and click on "Restore".
- Wait for the end of recovery from the backup.
After restoring the iPhone from the backup, all changes from the moment of its creation will be canceled. Contacts on the iPhone and the history of calls will be restored.
Restoration from contacts in ICloud, Windows, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook
Applications Contacts for Windows, Mac OS X and Microsoft Outlook allow you to unload recording from the address book saved on your computer or on the iCloud server to the VCard format which is fully supported by the iPhone. So, having a contact in the VCARD (file with the .vcf extension), you can download it (import) to the contacts on the iPhone.
In the instructions "Contacts iPhone: Creating, Import, Synchronization and Deleting Contacts on the iPhone", we have already told how to download the address book from Windows Contacts to the iPhone and today we will restore the contacts remote from the iPhone from the Windows Contacts application.
- On a Windows-based computer in the explorer or any other file manager, go along the way: \ Users \ (user_name) \ Contacts \ And select the contact that you want to restore.
- In the navigation menu, click on Export and select "Business Cards (Folder .vcf)" format and click Export.
- Select the folder to which you want to save the contact in VCARD format and click OK. Recording from Address Book Contacts Windows will be retrieved to the folder you specified.
- Send an exported file by email to iPhone.
- On the iPhone, open Open the .vcf file received in the letter and tap to "Create New Contact".
The record exported from the contacts will be recorded in your iPhone phonebook. For applications, contacts in Mac OS X, the procedure is completely identical and there is no point in describing it again.
If the synchronization of the contacts in iTunes is configured with Microsoft Outlook, the contact export procedure is different only by the location of the Export item in the main program menu - "File". Export VCARD records.
Recall that if you are on your iPhone in the settings -> IClOUD, the Apple cloud warehouse is enabled, each time you connect to Wi-Fi, the iPle iPle contents is synchronized with an Apple ID account in ICloud.
Council : Disconnect Wi-Fi to the iPhone immediately after the contact is removed. This will help avoid synchronization of the iPhone address book with ICloud after removing the record. Otherwise, ICloud may not be a contact you need, it will be removed automatically during the synchronization process.
Export contacts from iCloud
- On a computer in any Internet browser, go to the site http://icloud.com/ and enter the Apple ID and password from the account for which the iCloud is configured on the iPhone.
- Go to the web application Contacts.
- Select the contact remote from iPhone and in the lower left corner, click on the "Show Menu Menu" gear.
- On the Action menu, click on VCARD Export. The selected contact will be exported to the file and will be available in the download folder on your hard disk.
You can send the downloaded file by email (in writing attachment) to the iPhone, open it from the device and create a new contact instead of remote.
Restoring remote contacts through re-synchronization with iCloud
The essence of the method is to disable the iCloud contact synchronization in the iPhone settings, and it is necessary to leave contacts to the iPhone (select the appropriate item) and re-enable synchronization.
In order for everything to work out, remember, immediately after you accidentally deleted contact with the iPhone, it must be turned off from the Internet. Otherwise, the updated address book in iCloud will not contain the contact you remote.
- We assume that immediately after deleting the contact, you turned off an iPhone from the Internet via Wi-Fi, then the IClOUD will not be changed to the address book.
- On iPhone, go to the settings -> icloud and move the "Contacts" switch to the "Disabled" position.
- In the "What you want to do with previously synchronized objects that appears: ICLOUD contacts on the iPhone", select "Leave on the iPhone".
- Turn on the W-Fi, connect the iPhone to the Internet and move the "Contacts" switch to Settings -> ICloud to "Included".
- In the menu that appears, "your contacts will be combined with iCloud" tap to "merge".
- After 2-3 minutes, check the phonebook on the iPhone for the presence of a previously remote recording.
You can remove contacts from the backup iPhone without restoring it. For this, there is a special software (Programs) that allows you to retrieve data from backups created in iTunes.
Removing contacts from iPhone backup with iBackupBot
IBackupBot. - iTunes backup manager. Allows you to create backup copies of IOS devices, restore them and retrieve data from "backups" created via iTunes.
Today we will look at the question: "How to export (unload) Remote with iPhone contacts from the previously created backup?".
Download iBackupBot for Windows [link]
- Install the Trial version of IBackupBot, it is enough to restore remote contacts.
- Run iBackupBot. The program recognizes backup copies stored in iTunes backup repository, it will be required for some time.
- In the main program window, the backup information will be displayed, and the name: device name, iOS version, telephone number, serial number of the device, unique identifier and IMEI.
- In the "What's in backup" section (that in the backup) will display information about the location of the file file and the date of its creation. Developers recommend creating a duplicate backup iPhone before making changes to the existing one.
- In the Bakcups window (backups) with the left mouse button, highlight the desired backup.
- In the "File" menu, select "Duplicate" and select a location on the local disk where to save duplicate. You can create a duplicate from the context menu by the right mouse button on the backup name in the Backups window or by pressing the corresponding shortcut in the program toolbar.
- In the "Bakcups" window, select a backup from which you want to restore Contacts and in the main window, click on "Contacts" in the "What's in backup" section.
- In the main program window, the contacts of the contacts stored in the backup will be displayed, you can select the necessary record and the contact information from the record will be displayed to the right of the list.
- On the Contacts tab next to the "Export" icon in the toolbar, click on the image directed downward. A context menu appears with a selection of file export format. If you click on any entry in the list of contacts with the right mouse button, a similar menu will appear.
- Select "Export AS VCARD File" (export as vcard file).
- On the Registration request page, click on Cancel (Cancel). The free version allows you to remove contacts from a backup without restrictions.
- Choose a place where you want to save the VCF file on the hard disk and click "Save".
- The VCard file with all the contacts in the iPhone backup will be exported to your computer hard disk.
- The program can extract each contact from the address book to a separate file and save them on the hard disk. To do this, in the export format selection menu, select "EXPORT AS MULTIPLE VCARD FILE" (export as many VCARD files).
- The received files can be downloaded to Windows or Mac OS X contacts and synchronize an iPhone with a computer in iTunes. All contacts that are not on the iPhone, but there are Windows in contacts will be transferred to the iPhone's telephone book.
Another extremely useful "software" to work with backups iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad - iPhone Backup Extractor. As well as iBackupBot, allows you to extract absolutely all the contents of the backup, but unfortunately the trial version is very limited.
To fully restore contacts and other contents of the backup of the free version will not be enough. The trial version of the iPhone Backup Extractor allows you to unload only the first 4 contacts from the address book.
Download iPhone Backup Extractor [link]
- Download, install and run the iPhone Backup Extractor. The program will automatically open the last backup of their iTunes repository.
- If a backup of which you need to remove the contact is located elsewhere, in the SELECT Backup list, select "Select Another Backup Folder" (select another folder with a backup).
- In the "Available Data" section in the list opposite "Contacts", click on the "Extract Number of contacts" (extract) and select the place where to save the extracted contacts.
- The program will save all contacts from the backup in the specified location in the VCF shared file, the shared CSV file and in separate files for each contact in VCF format.
- If you want to export all records only in one specific format in the Extract Main Menu, select one of the following items: Contacts AS VCARDS (Contacts in separate VCF files), Contacts AS VCARD (Contacts in One VCF File), Contacts AS CSV (contacts in the CSV file). The latter can be downloaded to the contact manager in Gmail and from there import them to the iPhone.
As you can see ways to restore remote contacts, it is enough to reduce the likelihood of an irreversible phone book loss in iPhone to a minimum.
How to protect contacts from irrevocable removal with iPhone?
- We regularly synchronize and create backup copies of iOS devices on a computer via iTunes. This will allow you to maintain a phone book stored on a computer in an up-to-date.
- Store several backup copies of different limitations for each device. This will give the opportunity to restore the contacts that have been removed for a long time and need to restore.
- Turn on the synchronization of your device with iCloud and in particular the phone book. This will save a copy of the phone book in the Apple cloud storage.
If the methods described above did not help restore remote contact, you can refer to friends or acquaintances who have this contact can be sure they will not refuse to help you.
If you have any questions or problems with restoring remote contacts, write to us in the comments, we will try to help you.
We know what to do if contacts were gone on iPhone. Read and you, how to quickly restore and what instructions and programs for this will be needed. Losing a contact list in your smartphone is always a nuisance, since now there is practically no man left, which copies phone numbers in a notebook. Now the loss is not critical, since all manufacturers provide for data synchronization. Apple devices have the ability to have remote storage for several years. Tell me what to do when the contact names were missing on the iPhone or completely retired all the data.
The reasons for the disappearance of contacts
Once you have discovered the loss of data, you need to understand what to do with it. First of all, it is necessary to understand why contacts in iPhone disappeared. There may be several reasons:
- The system is restored. Many inexperienced users enter the contacts manually and do not synchronize the device with iCloud. In this case, at the time of updating or restoring the system, all data will be irretrievably lost. Fix it is not possible, but in order to prevent losses again, you must always synchronize the device with a cloud service.
- Lost happened after the application of Apple ID or the device itself to another person. It usually happens when the iPhone transmits a family member, which begins to delete unnecessary data and synchronize with the cloud service. In this case, you can try to restore lost data via icloud, but pre-eliminate the presented device from it.
- The data was disappeared during synchronization with other services, such as Gmail. In this case, losses occur due to incorrect synchronization settings. In this case, you need to change options through account settings - Select only one storage location for contacts. Data disappear in this case due to the fact that they are stored in parts in different services.
Another common reason why the contact names were disappeared on the iPhone - the system failure. You can restore the data in this case, you can simply restart the device, and if it does not help, read the instructions below.
How to check cloud storage?
First of all, before any actions with your device, you need to check whether the contact sheet is copied in iCloud. You can even check if you do not even have a device at hand - it's enough to have a computer with any installed browser.
- In the browser address bar, enter icloud.com.
- Authorization in the cloud service Swipe using your Apple ID account.
- Go to the "Contacts" section.
- Your address book will open before you, see if you are needed in it. Here you can spend any actions with contacts, including restore them, export or imported.
If all the necessary contacts in the cloud storage are present, you can start recovery.
How to restore remote contacts on iPhone?
There are several ways that can be used when contacts are disappeared on iPhone. How to restore them, we will teach you.
If you make sure that ICLOUD has all the necessary information, but they are not displayed in the phone, you need to repeat authorization in the cloud service.
- In the settings, find the ICLOUD item. Go to it.
- Then scroll through all the available functions to the bottom of the Niza, find the link "Exit" there.
- After that, go back to the Cloud Storage Management section and log in again. To do this, you need data from your Apple ID account.
- Check the position of the switch next to the "Contacts" clause.
This method helps well when the names or part of the address book disappear.
If the iphone is 5 or a friend, contacts can be recovered by cleaning the memory of the device and unload from the cloud storage. To this method, resort only if the device is synchronized with iCloud.
- In the ICLOUD settings, move the switch next to the "Contacts" item in a non-working position. At the same time, you may have a request to delete contacts, select the item that clears the device memory. In this case, the address book will be kept cloud service.
- Swipe forced reboot of the device by climbing the HOME and lock button at the same time. Keep them until the manufacturer's logo appears. If you have contacts on iPhone 7, then to reboot simultaneously press the HOME button and reduce the volume.
- After loading the device, in the ICloud settings section, turn the switch next to the "Contacts" item to the active position.
To use all methods associated with cloud-related synchronization, you must have an active Internet connection.
This recovery method consists in adjusting group settings. It will come in the event that partially numbers you saved only in the device and now they are not displayed.
- In the "Phone" application, switch to the Contacts tab.
- In the upper left corner, find the "Group" icon.
- Remove the marker from the "All ICloud" option and put it on "all iPhone".
- Save new settings by clicking "Finish".
Add missing contacts from the device's memory to your contact list. Just after that, spend synchronization.
If you periodically synchronized your device with a computer, then a copy of your contact sheet is in the iTunes backup. In this case, act like this:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and run the program.
- Open the Device menu with the data summary of it.
- Select "Restore from Copy".
- Stop on the copy that was done when all the contacts were in place.
This method will help if you have contacts on iPhone 6 or any other version of the device, but all photos and data saved after creating this copy will be deleted. In essence, this method is a rollback of data.
Is it possible to restore contacts if you delete them from iCloud?
If you managed to remove contacts and from the cloud storage, that is, a way to help restore them. The only condition is only 30 days for manipulation. It is convenient to act through the computer - go to the cloud storage site and go to the recovery of contacts.
You will appear archive with data that can be restored. Choose by date the day when all the contacts were in place. When using this method of recovery in the device, an old list of contacts will appear, which will replace the current one. At the same time, you will not lose the information that was saved later, they will also fall into the recovery archive. The disadvantage of this method is that one to restore contacts will not work.
Now you know what to do if your contacts are disappeared on the iPhone. Share this information with friends and loved ones so that they can restore the address book in different situations. If you have questions about this topic, be sure to ask them in the comments.