The flu epidemic - 2020 continues to spread: according to Rospotrebnadzor, already in 37 Russian regions exceeded an epidemic threshold of morbidity. Many schools and kindergartens are closed on quarantine, and the townspeople reveal medical masks. What could be the reason for the outbreak of the virus and how to deal with him, Riamo told the doctor therapist Artem Fursov.
- Is it true that the current flash of influenza is associated with the early onset of spring?
- Previously, it was believed that the air temperature does not have any influence on the spread and viability of the influenza virus, but scientists from the United States proved the opposite. Warm and wet weather is the most favorable environment for it. Since in the regions of Russia there are different climatic conditions, probably somewhere early spring could serve as an impetus.
By the way, the view is that the frost is killing the virus, erroneously. In laboratories, viruses and are stored in refrigeration chambers, where they feel great.
Winter epidemic is also explained by the fact that people are more often in closed rooms and constantly contact each other. So arise the conditions for the rapid spread of infection.
- How serious is the situation with the virus this year?
- Every year the influenza virus returns to the Russian Federation in the new, already mutated from other countries.
In 2020, it would have to fight at once with three varieties of influenza, which are now simultaneously circulated in the world. Two of them are seasonal with a slight flow, but the third is a pandemic virus A (H1N1), or swine flu. This is a hybrid of three different viruses, which, of course, is more dangerous. The acute form of such a disease can lead to various complications. In particular, viral pneumonia will quickly occur, and sometimes even death is possible.
But it's not worth going crazy: despite the fact that quarantine is declared in some places, the situation, on my trimmed, is not critical. Your alarm is beneficial to pharmacological companies that they want to sell more medicines.
- How much will the flu epidemic last and when to expect her peak?
- We will be hurting and in the spring, the peak will have to March. It is believed that the epidemic can become the most protracted over the past 15 years, but doctors cannot give such forecasts. In the end, we are not predictors and non-forecasters.
Influenza and ORVI: Main differences >>
, Alexander Manzyuk
- Do you often go to the flu complaints lately?
- I can not say that there are a huge amount of such appeals. More often is ordinary colds: ORVI, ORZ. Some people are confused with the flu.
- What are the main symptoms of flu-2020 can you allocate?
- The growing symptoms depends on immunity. Unlike ARVI, classic influenza signs are a sharp rise of temperature under 39-40 degrees, light-friendly, pain around the body (complaints of pain in the muscles and bones), a decrease in appetite, sometimes nausea. On the second-third day the throat hurts, the dry cough begins. The transmission of the virus is carried out by air-droplet. The danger to those surrounding the sick is throughout the disease.
- Who is in the main risk group?
- First of all, people with chronic diseases are vulnerable to the flu, which suffer immunity. For example, with diabetes mellitus. The danger is increased for pregnant women, the elderly, and children and students who are almost daily collected together in educational institutions. One falls and infects the rest.
Therefore, they are vaccinated first of all, they also necessarily instill doctors and all the medical staff, which will have to assist with the sick.
"Accepted ORVI for pregnancy" - Muscovites about the strange symptoms of influenza >>
Official site of the mayor of Moscow
- Does the influenza vaccination help well and where it is better to do it?
- Void costs every year. Foreign vaccines are best suited, for example, Infanrix. They are better tolerated by the body and contain more antigens on WHO's recommendation. Our "Schigigp" and "Grippol" with this worse. In addition, the price of foreign vaccines is usually significantly lower. You can even make vaccination in the clinic. It is harmless and does not give side effects. The probability of allergies is also minimal.
- What other prevention measures will help to avoid infection?
- It is advisable to avoid public places with a large cluster of the people. And, of course, abide by the rules of hygiene: do not eat dirty hands and do not touch them face, try to wash them as often as possible, you can keep an antiseptic with you. Wipe the phone and gadgets, wear a medical mask and change it every two hours.
- How to deal with the disease and at what point do you need to consult a doctor?
- If symptoms appear the symptoms, it is necessary to observe the beddown and immediately call the doctor, and then simply clearly fulfill his prescriptions. Family members of the disease should strictly observe prophylactic measures. Flu WHO recommended preparations with proven efficacy. For example, Tamiflu or "Releza".
"Depression is also common as influenza" - psychotherapist about Muscovites diseases >>
From this article you will learn what a new virus will be this year. Be sure to explore the symptoms of flu 2021 to know when you need to urgently access the doctor.
Influenza in 2021 - This is the epidemic of new virus strains that have already been mutated from past years. Because of this mutation, viruses and bacteria appear, which affect the human body in a short time, with severe complications and a long period of recovery.
Virologist predict at least 3 new strains. In addition, this season with similar symptoms is Coronavirus COVID-19.
- The main peak of the epidemic falls on the autumn-winter period. In the spring, the second wave of the epidemic is usually covered.
- But in the fall, you should be careful and carry out preventive measures, although it may not help.
- How to treat flu in 2021 and what are the main symptoms of the disease this year? Answers to these and other questions are looking below.
What a virus goes now: flu strains 2021
According to the prediction of virologists, this season, people will suffer from a new type of influenza, which will also include strains of previously known viruses: Brisbane, Michigan and "Hong Kong" and mutating new ones. Scientists predict a real epidemic. It will be difficult to infect this virus, as they mutated, and the virus turned into a dangerous and unpredictable strain. At this time, there are such common strains of influenza disease. These are viruses:
- Virus A / Guangdong-Maonan / SWL1536 / 2019 (H1N1) PDM09;
- Mutated from the virus A / Hong Kong / 2671/2019 (H3N2);
- Mutated from Virus B / Washington / 02/2019 (B / Victoria Lineage);
- Virus B / Phuket / 3073/2013 (B / Yamagata Lineage).
- Influenza A - Dangerous Virus . Transmitted from a sick organism healthy. Even your home friend can get sick - a cat, dog and others. This type of influenza has been successfully mutated for many years and becomes resistant to medication.
- H1N1 (Pork Flu) - 9 years ago, this virus caused a whole epidemic. Complications are manifested in almost every case, and light and bronchi are affected.
- H5N1 (Bird Flu) - This virus is dangerous by the fact that mortality occurs in 70% of cases. The mutation of the virus continues, so it becomes more and more resistant to medicines.
- Influenza B. - This virus is not as dangerous as bird or pork strains. It is almost not subject to mutation, easily transferred and treatable.
- Influenza S. - such a virus is infected by units, therefore the risk of the epidemic is minimal. Proceeds without symptoms and in a light form.
Now, in autumn, the flu epidemic is not yet, but there are isolated cases of the disease. Disease if progresses, then without complications and sharp symptoms. With the onset of cold weather, the picture will change. Therefore, you need to know about the symptoms of the virus, how to deal with it and whether the prevention exists. Read about it below.
Flu symptoms 2021 in adults and children today
The manifestation of the virus this year will directly depend on which strain will progress more. Each type of influenza has an incubation period when diseases are just beginning to show themselves. At this stage, it is important to start treatment and then complication and unpleasant consequences can be avoided. The incubation period usually lasts from 2 to 4 days.
Almost always symptoms of infection with influenza virus in adults and children are similar:
- Children's organism It is more difficult to transfers the disease due to the end of the developed immunity.
- Human organism of old age Due to age, it is already weakened and it is harder to fight viruses and bacteria.
- If an adult middle-aged person can transfer flu "on the legs", the child or old man will lie in bed, without getting up due to the lack of strength to fight with strong virus and bacterial intoxication.
When the flu virus gets inside a person, symptoms will be :
- High body temperature, fever.
- Painful sensations in muscles, lubrication in the joints.
- Weakness, chills.
- Dizziness, headaches, increase blood pressure.
- Nausea, vomiting, no appetite.
You should know: If these symptoms do not pass within a week, then the presence of viral or bacterial infection is supposed. Pneumonia, angina and complex concomitant diseases can develop, which are much more difficult to treat than the virus itself.
Remember : When first symptoms appear, immediately contact the doctor to prevent the development of exacerbations!
Forms of influenza in 2021 and their symptoms
High temperature - the main symptom of influenza of different shapes. The main primary symptom Coronavirus COVID-19 In most cases, the loss of smell, sometimes taste. The rest of the symptoms of influenza and coronavirus COVID-19 are similar. However, when coronavirus, with light symptoms, there may be significant lung damage.
There are 4 forms of influenza, which differ from each other by the clinic:
- Easy - The body temperature does not rise above 38 degrees, there is a decrease in appetite and slightly noticeable headaches.
- Middle severity - The body temperature is consistently held for 3 days, but does not exceed the mark of 39 degrees. The development of the virus of such a form is accompanied with an edema of the nasal mucosa, pain in the throat and dry cough.
- Heavy - body temperature up to 40 degrees, fever, nausea, headaches.
- Hypecoxic - The danger of influenza of this form is that the disease develops very quickly with the advent of a strong runny nose, headaches, cough. It may even be bleeding from the nose, vomiting or simply keeps the sickening condition, hyperemia of the face.
You should know: With some types of influenza, even a digestion disorder may appear, for example, a long diarrhea.
It is necessary to immediately cause a doctor to a house or ambulance if there are such symptoms:
- The temperature is 40 degrees that holds for three or four days.
- Strong headache.
- Red spots, pimples on skin.
In 2021, each of the influenza viruses will manifest themselves among each person individually. The immunity of man plays a big role. At risk of developing exacerbations People with chronic ailments in the lungs, heart and vessels.
In the risk group of infection with a particular virus are children, pregnant women, people with chronic diseases, old men, medical workers.
New flu - with temperature, no temperature, mutated intestinal, bird, pig, Hong Kong flu: treatment, latest news
Flu, like many other viruses, is transmitted by air-droplet. On predicting virologists and bacteriologists, In 2021 and early 2022 For a short period of time a large number of people will be affected.
- A person will feel all the symptoms of the influenza disease, except for one very important - an increase in temperature.
- The new virus is the infection of the organism that will flow at no temperature.
- Although the children's organism and the host of the older people can react precisely with increasing temperature.
Last news: What a virus will be - intestinal, bird, pork or Hong Kong flu, is still unknown. But already experts say that viral infection will flow at no temperature, especially in adults - young and middle-aged people with good immunity. Do not forget that when coronavirus with similar symptoms, the smell disappears most often, a person does not feel smells.
The new virus will evoke such symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Aspiced voice
- Weakness, driers
- Nasal congestion
- Lomotation in tele
Already when the first symptoms appear, you should immediately begin treatment to avoid exacerbations. Be sure to take antiviral drugs: Kagole, Arbidol, Cycloferon other. Some categories of people well helps to cope with the disease at the first symptoms drug " Rens ".
But when the first signs of complications appear, the doctors prescribe antibacterial drugs:
How to distinguish an ARVI from influenza 2021, Coronavirus COVID-19?
Influencing disease is easy to confuse with an ordinary cold, as the symptoms are almost similar. The flu appears as a result of the penetration of rinovirus. The cold is a slight inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nose and throat without complications. The virus is more often evolving in winter, as it is active in the cold season. To distinguish the influenza virus from ARVI or Coronavirus COVID-19, attention should be paid to the details:
|First symptoms||The first symptoms of the virus Notice immediately after infection. The head begins to hurt dramatically, throat. Rubber appears, weakness. Improper treatment can lead to complications and even a fatal outcome.||With a cold, the first symptoms There are gradually growing character and a few days after the treatment take place.||Loss of smell and possibly taste|
|What is characteristic of diseases||Strong cough, sore throat and chest.||Easy cough, campaign and small runny nose.||Secondary symptoms in different people may be similar to both influenza symptoms and ORVI|
|Pain in the head: whiskey, heads, frontal part||Migraine||Easy pain||Migraine|
|Lethargy||Strong discomfort||Easy drip||Varying degrees|
|Muscle pain||Strongly manifest exactly with influenza||Almost not||Often severe lubrication in the body|
|Unpleasant feelings in eyeballs, tear||Such symptoms arises due to virus poisoning viruses||Almost not||Different people may be similar to both influenza symptoms and ORVI|
|Treatment time||Long with complications||Disappears within a week without complications||From the asymptomatic 2-week quarantine to several months of intense therapy in the hospital.|
Usually, on the 2-3rd day, it becomes clear - flu is influenza or ordinary cold or COVID-19. In winter, it is better to begin antiviral drugs on the first day of the disease, "Rens" to prevent the development of complications, because hazardous viruses and bacteria can be progressing in the body.
Remember: Any medicine should only be prescribed by the doctor. Doctors know about the epidemiological situation and on the basis of this, put a preliminary diagnosis, prescribing treatment.
Prevention of influenza and coronavirus COVID-19 in 2021
The main and effective way of prevention is vaccination. But the vaccination must be made no later than October, otherwise the antibodies will not have time to develop in the body and the man in the winter will still get sick, in addition, after the influenza vaccination, it is necessary to be promoted against the coronavirus COVID-19.This it is possible to increase the body's protective forces:
- Take vitamins with microelements, especially zinc and vitamin A (protects the lungs), C and vitamin D (responding to a large extent for immunity, and in the sun shortage of the Sun has a deficiency of more than 70% of the population).
- Comply with Hygiene Rules : Wash your hands with soap after a hike to the street, before meal and so on.
- Live a healthy life : Make morning gymnastics or engaged in other exercise, a lot of walking in the fresh air, to eat correctly.
- Night sleep should be at least 7-8 hours.
- Improve psycho-emotional background , not nervous on trifles.
- Minimize contacts with infected people.
- To refuse from bad habits.
- Monitor dense, viscosity and oily blood. Contain hemoglobin, cholesterol, protontine . The upper and lower boundaries of the indicators of the norm are undesirable. Golden middle better.
At the first symptoms of influenza, it is better to muffle it immediately in the bud, do not give it to develop in a complete measure with the whole spectrum of complications.
Flu 2021 is a new virus which mutated for many years and in the last with Coronavirus COVID-19. Disease is dangerous and rushes a threat to people with a weak immunity. But still complications and unpleasant consequences can be avoided if the first symptoms appear in a timely manner, to ask for help to doctors and begin treatment. Influenza vaccination 2021 or coronavirus COVID-19 - Best prevention.
Video: Influenza Symptoms
Flu - Respiratory disease caused by one or more strains of influenza viruses. It is considered one of the most common diseases in the world. Wears seasonal character. Every year, a large number of influenza cases are recorded in Ukraine, as evidenced by statistics.
For example, in the period 10.28.2019 - 11/03/2019 was recorded 147,499 cases Influenza and ORVI. And in 2020 for the interval October 19-25 Influenza And ARVI struck 163,314 people. Both indicator below the epidemiological threshold installed in Ukraine, but this does not mean that we can neglect the rules of prevention and safety.
Each of us is aware of the influenza. But it is always worth using only evidential, correct Information about influenza , Be careful to yourself, as well as know how to help yourself and close in case of illness.
Symptoms and signs of influenza
For some reason, we are very dismissively refer to this viral infection. However, this is a serious illness, which is characterized by severe symptoms, frequent complications, in some cases - lethal outcome.
The first thing we must learn to do is to distinguish the flu from a cold and ORVI. ARZ, to which we are "accustomed" can provoke more than 300 species of various viruses, while the flu is different strains (varieties) of one virus. The course of disease is also different.
On the site Moz Ukraine , and CDC. There are tables that allow each person to evaluate the symptoms and determine for themselves than, most likely, he fell ill. You always specify the same information at the time of reception for the diagnosis and assessment of the complexity of the process.
In addition, separately stand out Symptoms signaling about the critical condition of the disease. If you or your loved ones are observed at least one of the signs listed below, you need emergency medical care.
Symptoms of severe flu in children:
- difficult, rapid breathing;
- Shinny shade of skin, "blue" lips;
- Inhalation is accompanied by "pulling" edges;
- chest pain;
- The child is difficult to move, strong muscular pain;
- Signs Dehydration: Dry mucous, crying without tears, lack of urine release more than 8 hours;
- Excessive lethargy, rejection of interaction during wakefulness;
- body temperature is about 40 ° C;
- Fever (any) in children under the age of 12 weeks;
- Episodic cough attacks and temperature rise (swing better / worse);
- The aggravation of chronic diseases.
Symptoms of severe flu flow in adults:
- shortness of breath and difficulty breathing;
- pain and pulling, squeezing feelings in the chest, stomach;
- lethargy, incapacity, confusion of consciousness, dizziness;
- Long absence of urination;
- strongly pronounced pain in the muscles;
- Excessive weakness, "instability";
- Episodic cough attacks and temperature rise (swing better / worse);
- The aggravation of chronic diseases.
This is a generalized list of symptoms, in the presence of which you need to immediately consult a doctor or call an ambulance. As with any disease, manifestations can be individual. Therefore, the conclusions about your condition should make exclusively a doctor.
If you suspect or close flu, you should sign up for the therapist or family doctor, children - to the pediatrician. In R + Medical Network, several professionals are received daily, so that you can always get a qualified advice if necessary.
The cause of influenza
Being a respiratory infection, the virus is transmitted by air-droplet - from a sick person to healthy during sneezing, cough or a banal conversation. "Infected" drops fall on the mucous membranes of a healthy person, penetrating there in the epithelium and producing viral protein.
When this protein becomes too much in the same cell, the capture of adjacent cells is carried out. Thus, with an increase in the amount of viral protein, the body includes its protection in the form of immunity, and we feel all the symptoms of the disease.
In fact, the temperature, cough, sneezing, chills are a normal reaction of the immune system to the "invasion".
Influenza spreads With relatively close contact. You must be near the patient at a distance of 1.8 m (6 feet) so that the virus from the sick person fell into your body.
Infection through objects is extremely rare. If for a moment before that, any thing kept the patient with the flu, and immediately handed it to you, be careful. Do not pick up your hands to face, but immediately wash with soap.
How many infectious people sick with flu are infected?
Note that the body's reaction in different people is different. A healthy adult person a few days after infection may not feel any symptoms, but will already be infectious about 1 day before the first signs.
But the total duration of "infectiousness", based on the characteristics of the body, approximately the following:
- 1 day to the first symptoms and for 3-4 days from the beginning of active illness;
- 1 day to the first symptoms, during the disease and 5-7 days after it;
- Small children and people with a weak immunity can stay for a long time.
Grip season Coincides with cold weather. This is usually October-April. Influenza activity and its peak varies annually. It depends mainly on weather conditions, movement of the population inside the country, etc.
Therefore, you need to be especially careful during this period. Avoid clusters of people, follow the way of life, diet and comply with the rules of hygiene.
If it happened that you still have become infected with the flu, be sure to consult medical attention to avoid unwanted consequences.
What complications gives flu
As practice shows, most patients are recovered for several days, sometimes the disease lasts up to 2 weeks. But in some cases serious develops Complications after influenza :
- EHA infections and nasal sinuses;
- myocarditis (myocardial inflammation);
- Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain);
- Myositis, Rabbomioliz (inflammation of muscular fabrics).
If you are watching the therapist in R + Medical Network, when the first suspicion of complications after influenza is found, the therapist / pediatrician will send you to a narrow specialist for additional advice and diagnostics.
In the event of the lesion of the ENT organs (otitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, frontit items, etc.) you will need a consultation of a otolaryngologist.
In the presence of shortness of breath, pulling the painful pain, be sure to visit the cardiologist for the cardiogram, the echo of the heart.
With damage to the nervous system, a neurologist will help you. And with permanent pain in the muscles, sensations, when the joint is "cool", sign up for the reception to the rheumatologist.
What specifically the specialist you need, check with your therapist or pediatrician.
When should you consult a doctor?
If you briefly answer this question, then: at the first signs of the disease. As soon as you felt ailment, the body temperature sharply increased, you "breaks", znobit, constantly want to sleep, there is a possibility that it is influenza. So it's time to go to a doctor or sign up for online advice.
If you decide to "watch for themselves" for several days, and the situation is aggravated or does not occur, do not lose time, contact a specialist.
If you are in the risk group, then you should sign up for the therapist or family doctor now.
The risk group includes:
- people over 65 years old;
- pregnant women;
- Children under the age of 5;
- People with immunodeficiency, onco-scabers;
- People suffering from chronic diseases (diabetes, cardiopathology, asthma, etc.)
Influenza treatment in R + Medical Network
In the medical centers R + on the street. E. Konovalz, 34a (Pechersk) and ul. V. Kasasi, 2/1 (Teremki) take high professional therapists and pediatricians daily. You can choose to visit any convenient time.
Reception occurs by appointment. To sign up for a consultation, be sure to call our contact center, and you will be offered options available for writing.
During the reception, the doctor carefully examines you, and also surrounds, asking questions about the course of this disease, accompanying, chronic diagnoses, your predispositions and even heredity. We recommend providing detailed answers to all questions. This will help the doctor quickly and correctly determine the tactics of treatment.
In order to confirm the diagnosis of "flu", you may be suggested to pass the express test for influenza. This is a short manipulation in place. For this, an individual test system is used, capable of determining in capillary blood. The presence of influenza a and v. virus.
Further, depending on symptoms, you will be assigned drugs or additional diagnostics.
Note that with a light form, medication therapy is not recommended. You will be prescribed medications aimed at removing symptoms: to reduce the temperature, combat pain in muscles and body, headache and other manifestations.
If the flu flows in medium-wing or severe forms, special antiviral drugs can be used, for example, okeltsamivir, zanamivir, etc. rationality of using medication data, as well as the dosage you will indicate a doctor according to the results of inspection and examination.
For additional diagnostics in our medical centers, everything is provided. You can pass the computer tomography of the lungs, ENT organs, ultrasound, echoCG, ECG, pass laboratory tests, etc.
Our therapist allergist Ganza Tatiana Valerevna claims that the best method of treatment is the prevention of influenza. All therapists and Pediatricians R + are evidential doctors. Therefore, they definitely recommend Make flu vaccinations.
Please note that flu strains in vaccines differ from the season for the season. Therefore, it is always necessary to conduct vaccination before the start of the "Pore of the Influenza" - in the fall.
Our therapists often addate with common issues of flu vaccines. We will be briefly replied to several.
Is it possible to get used from influenza in R +?
Yes, we spend Influenza vaccination All age groups of patients. Previously before the introduction of the vaccine you will definitely examine the therapist / pediatrician, and will determine if there are no contraindications for vaccination.
Is the influenza vaccination is not dangerous?
The answer is unequivocal - not dangerous. Vaccine Contains inactivated (almost dead) virus, which makes the exceptional role of the "simulator" for your immune system.
Temporary minor post-calcinal reactions for 72 hours after vaccination are considered the norm. It can be:
- pain in the place of injection;
- feeling of malaise, fatigue;
- temperature increase;
If you interfere with these sensations - take "reserve preparations" (paracetamol, ibuprofen) in the dosage physician to reduce the temperature or removal of pain syndrome.
Who can be vaccinated from influenza?
There is a very small percentage of people who are contraindicated with flu vaccination. Rather, on the contrary, people with chronic diseases should be vaccinated due to the increased risk of infection with flu and the development of severe complications after it.
And if we generalize: the influenza vaccination is needed to everyone.
Does vaccination guarantee that I can't get 100% influenza?
Unfortunately not. But your body will be a "sign" with a virus and ready to fight him. As you can read in the instructions for any flu vaccine, if after vaccinating you and get sick with the flu, then in a light form and with a low risk of complications.
In addition to the desired vaccination, you should perform prophylactic measures every day. Rather, make it in your way of life to stay healthy.
Prevention of influenza
- Avoid close contact with people, even if they do not have respiratory symptoms. Treat all, especially during the coronavirus epidemic, as a potentially infected;
- If you feel ailments, stay at home, insulace from others. Use personal protective equipment if you are in the same room with other people without full insulation;
- use individual dishes, towels;
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene. Make your hands more often. Do not leave the items that use in publicly available places;
- Clean frequently used objects with alcohol-containing antiseptics;
- Support the temperature in the room 18-22 degrees with humidity up to 50-55%;
- Frequently carry out the room.
We sincerely hope that you and your family will be healthy. And if necessary, doctors R + are always ready to help you overcome flu and other viral diseases.
Winter in full swing, and there is still nothing heard about the influenza. When is the harsh epidemic that are scared with autumn?
Tells Virologist-Epidemiologist, Expert Center for Molecular Diagnostics of the Central Epidemiology of Rospotrebnadzor Mikhail Lebedev .
Lydia Yudina, "AIF": Mikhail Yuryevich, was predicted in the fall, which would come new strains of influenza, with whom we have not met. Why isn't you heard anything about them?
Mikhail Lebedev : Not new strains were expected, but genetic varieties of those strains that circulated in past seasons. They also increase the incidence, but not as critical, as fundamentally new viruses, against which the immune system has not yet developed protection. Although the influenza virus is usually coming to us in November, and the peak of morbidity falls in the middle - the end of January, at the moment the situation is extremely prosperous - both in Russia and in Europe. In my opinion, this is largely obliged by those quarantine measures (masks, social distance, washing hands, restriction of contacts), which act throughout the world to prevent the proliferation of coronavirus infection. They impede the spread of influenza. It should not also forget that this year 76 million people were instilled in our country from influenza (60% of the population of Russia). And in some regions, the vaccination received up to 70% of the population. It also helped to stop the offensive of the flu.
Between the first and second
- There is an opinion that the flu has not come to us also because Coronavirus does not make neighborhoods with other infections.
- Unfortunately, it is not. It is known that COVID-19 was first fixed in China just at a time when the flu season was in full swing. Moreover, according to Chinese doctors, many then suffered with influenza and COVID-19 at the same time, because of what the course of the disease was extremely heavy.
- In the fall, many of us vaccinated from influenza, and now another vaccination campaign began - from Coronavirus. Is it not dangerous to make vaccinations so often and do you need to be taken from the "crown" to those who vaccinated from influenza? Many are confident that the influenza vaccine protects and from coronavirus.
- Vaccines do not possess cross-protected protection. Therefore, the influenza vaccination does not protect against coronavirus and vice versa. Those who were vaccinated from influenza did it for a long time. The vaccine campaign started in September, and most were inquired in October-November. This is quite a decent time. A rift of 2-3 weeks is considered to be a sufficient interval between vaccinations. It is also important to remember that flu vaccine is one of the shortest vaccinations. The term of its protection on average is 6 months. Therefore, there is also an erroneous widespread opinion that last year's vaccine will protect from the flu.
However, since the emergence of new strains is not expected, there is hope that those who have not passed vaccination, this season also has protection from influenza due to the "immunological memory" (it is formed after meetings with the virus in the past seasons).
To the doctor, in the case, urgently!
- Influenza, like COVID-19, are all transferred differently. Someone a couple of days, others he knocks out of the rut for a month. What does the scenario depend on the scenario?
- the severity of flu flow (like any other viral infection) is determined by three factors: the uniqueness of the strain (heavier people sick with those viruses with which they have not yet met), viral load (the more virus particles hit the body, the harder it is to cope with the virus ) and individual characteristics of the body. The risk group for the severe flow of influenza includes citizens of elderly, small children, as well as patients with concomitant pathology (diabetes, chronic heart failure, etc.). These categories, if suspected influenza, must necessarily cause a doctor.
- But those who do not need sick leave, do not see much sense in this. After all, medical recommendations are usually reduced to the need to drink a lot and comply with bed.
- Influenza is one of the few viral diseases in which there is effective etiotropic therapy (preparations that destroy the virus and suppress its reproduction). However, the reception of such drugs is most effective in the first 48 hours of the disease. Accordingly, the sooner the person turns to the doctor, the more chances of rapid recovery. Medpicification is needed to prevent the development of complications that are so dangerous flu. They can develop both rapidly (pneumonia) and delayed (complications from the cardiovascular system). Since complications are more often in patients who have chronic diseases, it cannot be discontinued by the receptions for the treatment of the underlying disease during influenza.
- The flu is considered highly disconnected. Is it possible to avoid infection with close contact with the patient?
- quite. It should be remembered that the most infectious man from the moment of the appearance of the first symptoms and in the first 2-3 days of the disease, when there is an active replication (self-play) of the virus. At this time, it is necessary to either insulate the diseased, either distance from it as much as possible (with forced communication - wearing a mask). After the concentration of the virus released by the patient is reduced (the 4-5th day of the disease), it suffices to highlight it a separate dishes and to air the room as often as possible. Since the flu is transmitted not only to air-drip, but also contact, for the prevention of the disease, observance of the rules of clean hands is very important.
What drugs are most effective for influenza?
Acting directly to the virus, these drugs prevent its penetration into a cell or block enzymes that allow it to multiply.
The influenza virus breeds in the body with an incredible speed. To combat the virus, modern drugs are needed. These drugs appointed in the first two days of the disease reduce:
- its duration;
- reduce the severity of symptoms;
- Prevent complications.
Proven effectiveness possess:
- Osseltamivir (Tamiflu, Nomidees, Inflotsein, oseltamivir).
- Zanamivir (Releza).
- Umiphenovir (Arbidol, Arpeflu, Afludol, Umiphenovir).
There are contraindications. Be sure to consult your doctor
Meet the influenza virus: what you need to know about the seasonal epidemic 2020-2021
Influenza viruses are representatives of the orthomyxovirus family (Orthomyxoviridae), which cause diseases in birds, fish, mammals and humans. The periodic infection spreads the world in the form of epidemics (more than 5% of the population of a certain area) or pandemic (the virus applies to neighboring regions, countries).
Two types of viruses often circulate: A and V.
Annual WHO studies reveal the strains of the virus and answer the question of which flu will be circulated.
How is infected with infections
Talking about influenza epidemiology, doctors warn that viruses are extremely contagious, and people of any ages are susceptible to the disease. A person becomes a source of infection, regardless of the severity of symptoms. In 2011, The Lancet Respiratory Medicine magazine published entertaining influenza incidence data. Scientists analyzed the figures for 6 years and installed:
- The virus highlights 100% of the diseased people;
- Symptoms of infection appear in 23% of patients;
- And only 17% of them appeal to the doctor.
The patient begins to highlight the virus with a cough or sneezing already in 1 day after the virus hit to the body and continues to remain contagious until 5-7 days. Usually the incubation period (time segment from the moment of penetration of the pathogen before the first symptoms appear) ranges from 12 to 48 hours.
Ways of distribution - air-drip, contact.
Flu vaccination 2020-2021: Choosing in favor of health
Annual flu epidemic cannot be ignored or "move" in time. Usually the infection begins to spread in December. The disease begins to "take captive" more and more Russians after the new year.
Vaccine is a method of specific protection against a dangerous infection, which leads to the formation of immunity after 8-12 days and more. The composition of the vaccine varies every year in accordance with the data of the World Health Organization. According to clinical studies, antibodies are produced in 90% and more% of those who have received vaccinations.
Do you need to be taken every year?
Yes, the influenza vaccine needs to be done every year, since immunity is preserved up to 12 months. The antigenic composition of the vaccine varies in accordance with the epidemic situation and WHO recommendations.
Influenza vaccination: types of vaccines, topical composition
Annual influenza immunization is recommended to all citizens older than 6 months and non-contraindications for the use of vaccine. US scientists monitors influenza activity during the autumn-winter season from 1982 to 2018. And they found that the peak of the activity of the virus in 75% of cases occurred in January, less often - for February-March.
These data explains the optimal period of vaccination: it is carried out with such a calculation so that the body has already managed to develop antibodies by the beginning of the epidemic, but their concentration has not decreased and remained sufficient to prevent the disease.
Usually the formation of immunity occurs after 8-12 days and more. So vaccination should be started in September. For 3 years, two-time immunization of half dose is carried out.
A small "Spoon of Deaf" - for the efficient operation of the vaccine in population and protection against the epidemic, it is required that the number of influenza is at least 50% of the population.
Types of flu vaccines
For the prevention of infection there are lively and inactivated vaccines. Live apply rarely.
- Solid-divine vaccine. The composition contains whole neutralized viruses. This is the most effective means. But it is practically not applied due to the high ability to cause adverse reactions.
- Split vaccines (for example, "Vaxigripp"). The composition includes internal and outer antigens of viruses.
- Subunisy vaccines (for example, "Influvak", "Sovigipp"). As part of only surface protective antigens of neuraminidase and hemagglutinin.
Who should postpone vaccination
Pondaying, whether to vaccinate the influenza, it is necessary to estimate possible contraindications to vaccination. They are divided into 2 groups - absolute and temporary.
Absolute contraindications are considered allergic reactions to a chicken egg protein, as well as pronounced post-specific complications or reactions against influenza vaccinations:
- Fever above 40 ° C;
- edema or redness with a diameter of 8 cm at the injection site;
- Collapse, convulsions;
- anaphylactic shock.
Temporary contraindications indicate the presence of a disease or a state that requires to postpone the vaccination for a while. These include:
- acute infectious diseases (vaccination is carried out after 2-4 weeks, in some cases - earlier);
- Chronic diseases in the exacerbation stage (decompensation) - from influenza after going to remission.
Influenza disease is dangerous for women during pregnancy. Some vaccines are not recommended for use in this population. Pregnant women are vaccinated in the II-III trimesters of pregnancy vaccine without preservatives.
Restrictions after vaccination
As a rule, the introduction of vaccines leads to some restrictions on the lifestyle and consumption of products, drugs. To the question that cannot be done after the influenza vaccination, doctors explain:
- overheat (visiting the bath and sauna);
- rubbing the vaccine introduction;
- Storing up alcoholic beverages.
The optimal time for vaccination is the end of the working week. The process of formation of immunity may be accompanied by uncomfortable sensations in the body, a sense of breakdown, lethargy and drowsiness. The upcoming weekends will be able to relax and gather with the forces.
Also should not forget about the observance of some diet. Early children do not introduce any new products within 2 weeks: 7 days before vaccination and 7 days after. This will allow you to evaluate possible allergic manifestations and do not confuse them with a nutrition response. Adults are enough to limit the use of potentially reactive products for 1-2 days. Citrus, nuts, sweet juices and nectars should be abandoned.
Made vaccination and fell ill
Influenza vaccines, which usually introduce the population to prevent, do not contain the virus itself. They themselves can't cause the disease. But sometimes the person goes "to the injection", already in the incubation period of another ORZ: the causative agent of the disease begins to multiply in the body, and there are no symptoms of the disease. In the autumn-winter period among people circulates many viruses, the probability of infection is high.
In this case, the appearance of ORZ symptoms: malaise, chills, fever, sore throat or runny nose completely unconsciously binds to the vaccine. There is a confusion: what to do if I got sick after vaccination from influenza?
The correct solution will refer to the therapist for inspection and appointment of treatment, at high temperatures you should call a doctor to the house.
If a person feels harbing ARVI, vaccination should be postponed for 2 weeks.
Where can I make a vacuum from influenza in Yekaterinburg?
You can vaccinate from influenza in private or state medical organizations. Vaccination in schools and kindergartens is also carried out after inspecting the pediatrician. Influenza vaccination does not require preliminary blood test.
In Yekaterinburg, free vaccination of the population is organized on the basis of a polyclinic. Before the introduction of the drug of children and adults inspects the district doctor. In addition, any person can buy a vaccine in a pharmacy independently and bring it to the clinic. A prerequisite for the procedure is to comply with the rules for the acquisition and transportation of the drug.
Also who wants to protect themselves from flu can decide where to make vaccination, on their own. The choice of a private medical center is usually associated with the ability to choose an import vaccine, intending to receive a service strictly by recording at a convenient time.
Flu vaccination is the only way to specific prevention of the disease. Development of the composition of vaccines and the creation of topical drugs occurs annually on the basis of WHO research. Timely vaccination helps to avoid influenza and its complications.